1. #TheMomentYouKnew is a promotional competition presented, sponsored, and administrated by Viljoen Jewellers and De Grendel Wines from May to June 2021.
2. Competition entries will open on 5 May 2021 and close on 31 May 2021. Voting for finalists will open on 4 June 2021 and end on 10 June 2021. The winner will be announced on 11 June 2021. Dates may be subject to change.
3. To qualify for participation, entrants must complete three required steps:
– Fill out the online entry form correctly, in full, and once only before the competition end date.
– Follow four required social media pages and still be a follower on the competition end date.
– Like and publicly share at least one social media competition post by the competition end date.
4. To qualify for participation in this promotional competition, entrants must furthermore:
– be a resident of the Republic of South Africa;
– be over the age of 18;
– not be a juristic entity but an individual;
– not be an owner, director, promotor, employee, contractor or consultant of Viljoen Jewellers or De Grendel Wines, neither be someone who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by any of the sponsor entities, neither be a spouse, life partner or direct family member of any of the aforementioned.
5. By submitting your online entry form, you grant the competition administrators permission to publish your #TheMomentYouKnew story and photo on their social media channels to further promote or to conclude the competition and furthermore confirm that your partner has likewise given consent. Contact and other personal details will not be made public.
6. Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges from Viljoen Jewellers and/or De Grendel Wines and/or associates. The judges’ decision will be final and cannot be contested.
7. The winner will be announced based on the highest number of social media likes among the finalists’ photos as originally uploaded by the competition administrators. In case of a possible tie, the winner will be determined through random selection. The judges’ decision will be final and cannot be contested.
8. Prizes are not transferrable and may not be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
9. The winner will be contacted using the details supplied in the online entry form.
10. Prize collection will be arranged at the convenience/availability of the competition sponsors.
11. The competition administrators reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions or to terminate the competition, in which event all participants will waive any related rights and will acknowledge that they have no recourse against the competition administrators and associates.
12. By submitting their online entry, entrants agree to participate in a promotional competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA”). The promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should they win a prize, entrants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the administrators to comply with their obligations under the CPA including (but not limited to) providing such personal information as may be required to facilitate handing over the prize (including providing proof of address and identity number) and signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
13. The administrators’ decision on any matter related to the competition, including the selection of prize winners, will be final and they will not participate in any related correspondence.
14. When submitting their online entry form, entrants will be automatically added to the administrators’ promotional database, but they will have the option to opt out at any stage during subsequent promotional activities.
15. In the event of fake account activity influencing the outcome of the competition, accounts may be audited and implicated finalists may be disqualified.